Creatine Supplements

Creatine is a must-have to assist with achieving size and strength gains faster. When used with protein powder as part of your supplement stack, Creatine helps increase your lean muscle mass, improve workout performance and speed up recovery time.

If you're ready to work out harder, make gains faster, and show off lean muscle mass, browse our range of the best creatine products today!

What is Creatine?

Creatine is a substance found naturally in muscle cells. It helps your muscles to produce energy during heavy lifting or high-intensity exercise. Creatine shares many similarities with amino acids. Your body can produce it from the amino acids glycine and arginine. Several things can affect your body's creatine levels, such as meat intake, exercise, amount of muscle mass and levels of hormones like testosterone. 

Around 95% of your body's creatine is stored in your muscles, while the remaining 5% is found in the brain, kidneys, and liver. 

What do Creatine supplements do? 

Creatine supplements are very popular amongst bodybuilders and all types of the best athletes for increasing size and strength of muscle. When you use creatine supplements, you highten your body's phosphocreatine stores, which is a form of stored energy in the cells. This allows your body produce a high-energy molecule called ATP. ATP is considered the body's energy currency, and when you have more of it, you can perform better during exercise.

By supplementing with creatine, you’re keeping your muscles primed with energy, allowing you to continue to go hard at the gym and get the results you want. For bodybuilders and pro athletes especially - creatine is crucial to success in the gym. Because of the intense nature of their workouts, they need that extra energy to push through.

Are Creatine supplements safe to use?  

Creatine supplements are one of the worlds most tested supplements, with an extremely positive safety profile.

There are some claims that sustained use of creatine supplements can cause side-effects like muscle cramps, kidney damage and bloating, however, none of them have been backed by research. Contrary to some peoples beliefs, creatine does not increase your risk of cramping or dehydration - and, may reduce your risk of these conditions. Most current research suggests that creatine ingestion will not cause kidney or liver problems. 

Creatine provides many benefits for muscle and performance and is even being tested to treat several diseases. 

Do Creatine supplements come in different forms?

Yes. Creatine products comes in a range of forms, including creatine monohydrate, creatine citrate, and creatine malate. The most popular form is creatine monohydrate. 

Creatine monohydrate is the most commonly used and studied of the creatine supplements. Because it has the most scientific research behind it, creatine monohydrate products are considered the best and most safe to use, with no adverse side effects recorded on people documented using it for between 2 and 5 years.

Another popular variety of Creatine is 'Micronised Creatine.” This form is easy to mix and simple for the body to digest.

Creatine supplements also come in pure powder form, capsules and creatine mixes. Each of these supplements have their own range benefits depending on what fitness goals you need assistance with.

The benefits of using Creatine supplements:

Over the years Creatine has continued to make advances and take various forms. The popular supplement continues to be cited by the scientific and bodybuilding communities as one of the best products that delivers on its promises of increased strength, energy and muscle size. Creatine can be used by the body as an immediate energy source and works by hydrating your muscle cells - which in turn promotes muscle fiber growth. 

Using Creatine supplements can assist you to build lean muscle size and strength, as well as improve brain function and clarity. Creatine can help you recover from workouts faster and improve sprint performance. 

Almost all of the best health and exercise benefits of taking creatine supplements have been demonstrated in studies using creatine monohydrate. These studies have shown that these supplements can increase muscle size from a weight training program by about 5-10% on average. Additionally, a large review of dietary supplements found that creatine monohydrate was the most effective to help muscle gain and size. 

If you're ready to take your strength and size gains to the next level, then check out Sportsfuel’s wide range of Creatine supplements today, including creatine monohydrate products from some of the best sports and nutrition brands like Clean Nutrition, ProSupps, Optimum Nutrition and more.