Dairy Free / Pea and Plant Protein
Protein supplements help drive results from workouts and can help anyone accomplish their individual fitness goals. Still, many people today cannot use conventional animal-derived proteins because of vegan, vegetarian, or plant based diets & nutritional sensitivities. If you're one of these individuals, Peas Protein or Soy Protein could be the ideal alternative to Whey, Casein, Egg and other animal Protein supplements.
Benefits of consuming Pea Protein
Pea Protein is vegetarian and vegan-friendly and safe for those who are lactose intolerant.
From gluten to Carbs, Pea Protein has low amounts of nutrients that can hinder your health and fitness goals. Mentioned below are a few other reasons why you should consider trying dairy-free Pea Protein:
- Pea Protein is rich in lysine - Lysine is an essential amino acid that’s important in building connective tissue like bones, cartilage and skin. It also aids in calcium absorption, which is essential for the bones.
- It prevents the trigger of dairy-based allergies - If you are lactose intolerant, you can’t consume milk, curd or even whey. That’s why it’s important to replace these dairy-based protein sources in your diet with pea protein, which will help to avoid such allergies.
- Pea Protein has no gluten content - Pea protein is safe for gluten-intolerant individuals who can’t consume any food items that contain gluten.
- It is not harsh on the stomach - People who regularly consume peas and other legumes will assume that pea protein is harsh on the stomach. Peas and legumes are harsh on the stomach because they are high in fibre content. However, pea protein undergoes processing that removes most of the fibre content in peas.
- It’s rich in iron content - Iron deficiency is a serious affliction that many people suffer from. It results in symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, brittle nails and hair and pale skin. Dairy-free protein also has a good amount of iron which can prevent these symptoms by taking care of your iron requirements.
- It’s low carb - For people trying to lose weight, pea protein can be a source of protein that’s extremely low in carbs. Most of the carbs in pea protein are removed during processing, unlike in legumes which have complex carbohydrates.
- It’s a great source of BCAA’s - Pea protein is a great source of branched chain amino acids that promote protein synthesis; so, they’re very important for building muscle. They are proven to not only promote muscle growth but also increase the girth of muscles such as biceps.
- It has a lot of arginines - There are other essential amino acids such as Arginine which have heart-healthy benefits and muscle-building benefits. The muscle growth complements the increase in blood flow that overall helps in workouts and bodybuilding.
By introducing several branch chain amino acids, pea protein accelerates your muscle building process. It also safeguards you from allergies created by gluten and dairy sensitivity, which can adversely affect your muscle-building efforts. That’s why pea protein is a great choice as a protein source in your diet.
Available in an array of flavours, pea protein can be used following workouts to stimulate recovery and reduce the risk of muscle breakdown. You can check out the product selection here to find the perfect pea protein for your healthy eating plan and if you got any questions, please just contact us here.