Whip up these pancakes any time you've got that pancake craving! With only four ingredients, these protein pancakes can be made in as little as 15 minutes.
Pancakes are usually seen as a decadent or "cheat" breakfast. The typical recipe usually contains a lot of carbohydrates and not a lot of nutrients. These easy protein pancakes have two main ingredients - mashed banana and eggs. We add Clean Nutrition Whey Protein which is a high quality, low carb, and low fat protein, to boost the protein content and help you feel fuller for longer. We've used the vanilla flavour but you could use any of the other flavours. Toppings are optional as these taste great by themselves but we love topping these with fresh fruit, nut-butters, grass-fed butter, or sugar free syrups.
- 1 large banana (about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 serving (2 scoops) Clean Nutrition Whey Protein Vanilla
- Place a small-medium sized pan on the stove. Let it heat up while you make the pancake mixture.
- Mash the banana with a fork and place in a medium sized bowl. Add the eggs, baking powder and protein powder and whisk until well combined. Alternatively you can process all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Melt a little butter in the pan (can substitute cooking oil, nonstick cooking spray, coconut oil etc) .
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture to the pan.
- Let the pancakes cook until the mix is set on top before flipping over and cooking the other side until browned.
- Remove to a plate and serve with your choice of toppings.
Written by Gemma